I knew it was true when people told me that once you have an iPhone, you can never go back. Now, I loved my little Blackberry, don’t get me wrong. But when you go from a small screen and half broken little scroll-y ball to a bright and beautiful touch screen, you don’t really want to go back. What I didn’t expect, though, was how much thorough enjoyment I would get out of playing all the trivial app games. Example: Draw Something. For those unfamiliar with it, Draw Something is a game where you choose from 3 words, and then draw on the screen with your finger whatever word it is you’ve chosen for a friend to guess. After they guess, they then pick a word to draw for you, and it goes back and forth, etc., etc. It’s basically Pictionary on your phone. Nothing too amazing.
Yet when I get a notification on my phone that it’s my turn to play, the excitement that runs through my veins is almost embarrassing. Scratch that. It is embarrassing. But I can’t help it. I love that game, maybe a little too much.
After thinking about it, though, I’ve decided I don’t care. Because life shouldn’t be taken too seriously. And what’s wrong with a little addiction to Draw Something? (Don’t answer that.) My point is, remember to take breaks and have a little fun. Whether that’s playing a phone game, taking the dog on a walk, indulging in some chocolate and your favorite chick flick, or all of the above. (Ok, those might be all my favorite things to do, but you get the idea.) Just remember to take time for yourself.
And wow. Now that the intro turned into something way deeper than I had planned on (don’t you hate it when that happens?), let’s get to something a little lighter. Some Friday Fun Facts for this month!
1. Draw Something. With me. To feed my ridiculous addiction ;) Seriously though. My username is dulcephoto if you want to play me. Haha.
2. What do bobby pins and pens have in common? There are always a ton of them lying around, yet somehow it’s impossible to find one when you actually need one.
3. If you are a local bride and you’re looking for a bakery that can cater to special dietary needs, you have GOT to check out City Cakes. Their cakes seriously taste as good as they look. And when you’re like me and you can’t eat gluten, finding a place like this a big deal.
4. I don’t care what anyone says. I still think Pandora is better than Spotify.
5. Easter is just around the corner. Which means a lot of great things. And among those great things… peeps are now acceptable to eat again. Can I get three cheers for sugary marshmallows?!
6. A story in a book > a book made into a movie. Nothing beats imagination.
7. If you like water and you like hockey, you are in luck. The sport of Underwater Hockey actually exists. You need a 3 pound puck if you want to play, though. In case you were wondering.
8. With the weather starting to warm up, it’s time to start whipping out some summery drinks! I’ve come to really enjoy Sparkling Ice. It’s fizzy, fruity, and it has no calories. Not sure you can ask for much more than that when it comes to refreshing libations.