Hello blog world! Forgive me for another 2 month absence. Things have been… interesting. Because I know you’re all dying to hear what I’ve been up to, I’ll fill you in on some of the highlights since my last blog post!
* Natalie and I spent the month of January in Park City, with Jake joining us for the first and last weeks.
* I got food poisoning the second weekend there and thought to myself, “It doesn’t get much worse than food poisoning while you’re pregnant!” Turns out I was way off…
* The next weekend I ended up in the hospital for surgery to remove a kidney stone. Yeah, that’s a lot worse than food poisoning while you’re pregnant. As someone who’d never had one before, I would compare the intensity of pain to that of labor, except you don’t get a baby afterwards. Soooo that was fun. (And I now feel extreme empathy for those who deal with kidney stones regularly.) But all in all I can’t complain because everything went very well and Jackson and I are just fine! I am so, so grateful for that.
* Other than those two fiascos, we had wonderful family time before coming back to Texas!
* I had big plans to get Jackson’s nursery in order and finish my new website in February. My mom even came out for a week to help me get the house organized (love you Mom!).
* I blinked and now it’s March????
I’m not totally sure what happened to February. Ha. Fortunately, I have made some good headway on both the nursery and my website! It’s just a matter of getting them done before Jackson decides to show up. I technically have another 6.5 weeks before his due date, but Natalie came a week early, and some of you might remember my story of finishing her nursery in the wee night hours while being labor… Hoping to avoid that this time haha. Cross your fingers for me!
Anyhow, since Natalie’s nursery inspiration board is actually one of my top pinned posts, I thought I’d share my inspiration for Jackson’s nursery as well!! At first I wanted to do an airplane theme, fittingly because Jake is an Air Traffic Controller. To my surprise, that was the last thing Jake wanted, saying pretty much all controllers have their little boy nurseries airplane themed. So I went back to the drawing board. We ended up deciding on a Mountain Lodge/Moose themed nursery!! I’m going with mostly neutral colors, with small pops of red and navy. We loved the idea of bringing a little bit of the mountains here to remind us of home, and I’m a sucker for animals so I wanted to focus on moose for the animal specifically. There is still much to do before it’s totally finished, but so far I’m very excited about how it’s turning out!! And here’s the inspiration board that’s helping me make it come to life.
Hope you are all having a beautiful week!! And if I’m lucky I’ll have another post up for you next week ;) Happy Hump Day!