So I got my hair cut the other week. Which is kind of a big deal. I tend to put it off until the last possible moment. You see, I’ve never really been able to find someone who gets my hair. Like, really gets it. Gets all the frizz and the curl and the thickness and how it lays. If I had a dime every time I sat down to get a haircut and the hairstylist said, “Wow, you have really thick hair!”, I’d be quite rich. (Ok, if you actually did the math and how often I get my haircut, I’d only have like $50. But you get my point.) That’s when I want to turn around and say You don’t think I know that?! Trust me, I KNOW! Instead I just smile and nod.
Then they start offering me all these products, telling me that will help with the frizz, this will help me straighten my hair, that will keep it moisturized… All the while I just keep smiling and nodding. Because even though I know that product doesn’t do anything to the frizz, this spray makes it straighten funny, and that cream only makes it greasy, I know they mean well. (Or they might just be trying to sell me stuff and get commission. But I prefer to think that they mean well.) So I smile and nod, and hope that some day I will find the person who gets my hair. Really gets it…
Anyways. That was sort of a tangent. The point of all that was to say, don’t you just LOVE how your hair feels after a haircut?! The ends feel so nice and fresh, all the split ends gone. It’s such a great feeling! Which leads us to this month’s Fun Facts:
1. Getting a haircut always makes the day better. Almost like wearing a pair of new jeans that fit just right. The two are very comparable.
2. Why does the grocery store even bother selling anything but broccoli florets in the freezer section? No one wants the stems.
3. Women who drink 2-3 cups of coffee a day have less risk of depression. I heard that one on the news, so you know it’s true.
4. It’s a huge confidence boost when you sit down in your seat on an airplane and have to tighten the seatbelt. On the contrary, it’s a total blow to the ego when you have to loosen it…
5. On the subject of traveling, someone needs to make some travel sized mousse. They have shampoo, conditioner, hair spray, gel… but no mouse. Lame.
6. Real fires in the fire place beat electric fires any day of the week. Or year for that matter.
7. Green is the best color for highlighting. It just is.
8. I don’t care what anyone says. It is now perfectly acceptable to listen to Christmas music.
9. Panda bears can eat up to 16 hours out of the day. I should be a panda bear in another life.
10. Candy Cane Lane Celestial Seasonings Holiday Tea. If you are a tea lover, you’re welcome.
Seriously. One of the best teas I’ve ever had. And now that it’s getting cold out and snow is in the air, it makes it that much better. So go out and get yourself some of this, you won’t regret it.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!