For me, hiccups are painful. They’re not the silly and sweet sounding hiccup that some girls have. They’re the sound like a sick donkey and rip through my chest on the way up hiccups. Anyone else have hiccups like that? The first time I got the hiccups in front of Jake, he laughed at me. A throw your head back and grab your stomach kind of laugh. Because I’ll admit, it does sound funny. A sick donkey? Sounds kind of funny. But when I frowned and told him not to laugh because it hurt, he didn’t believe me. No, he started laughing harder. Which made me more frustrated. When the laughing had calmed down, I tried to tell him I was serious. But as I proceeded to try and explain how much it hurt, I happened to hiccup in the middle of a sentence. Yeah, as you can imagine, it didn’t help my cause.
Fortunately, since then Jake has realized that my hiccups are actually painful, and he’s a bit more sensitive about them. Although sometimes I still see him stifling a chuckle out of the corner of my eye…. Which leads me to this month’s installment of Friday Fun Facts:
1. Hiccups can hurt. Really, they can.
2. Nap time should be a part of everyone’s work day. Not just when you’re in kindergarten. Can I get an Amen?
3. Choosing lotion has become a chore. There are so many options: Ultra Healing, Overnight Repair, Skin Smoothing, Age Defying, Total Nourishment, Sensitive Skin… Not to mention all the different smells! When you’re indecisive like me, choosing can become a nail-biting experience.
4. Magic Erasers? ACTUALLY MAGIC. Seriously, those things have cleaned any mark or stain I’ve put them to. Miracle workers.
5. If you’re a bride and you’re looking for the perfect veil or hair piece, you have GOT to check out Trulu Couture. Some of the most beautiful and original hair pieces I’ve ever seen.
6. Shampoo/Conditioner-in-one does NOT equal shampoo and conditioner. Unfortunately, it just equals greasy hair.
7. On the outside, I laugh and shake my head at those radio laser hair removal commercials. But on the inside, I think about how great it would be to NEVER SHAVE MY ARMPITS AGAIN.
8. If you’re picking someone up at the airport, flightaware.com can be a huge time saver. As long as you have the airline and flight number, you can look up the status of any flight, anywhere. Sweet, right?! You’ll never have to sit around and wait for a delayed flight again.
9. Epson printers are awesome.
10. Don’t force your husband to change his profile picture.
Ok, I didn’t force him. But I did kindly asked him if maybe it was time to update it. I mean, the picture he had was like 3 years old. So we started going through some recent pictures of us, and he picked this. THIS.
I KNOW! It’s not even one of those awkward pictures taken before everyone was ready that’s actually kind of cute. Nope. Now we know I have a face to match what I sound like when I have the hiccups. Heehaw. At least he changed his picture, though. He did what I asked. Haha.
Happy Weekend : )